Dev Diary 6 – Ani

Hooray! The database has now been completed!! It’s taken quite a while, to also check to make sure everything has been entered correctly, and that it’s appearing in the database correctly (and in Ani). So now we’re going through adding the final touches and making sure that everything is talking to each other (Ani to Parse) etc.. Then we will run through the final testing to make sure everything is working well. Also, during this time, we began to add final dialogues and error messages.

At this point, the UI also went through a slight aesthetic change. During preliminary testing, we received feedback about making it more distinguishable between each of the criteria categories. So as a result, we added coloured highlights for each item in each of the categories.

aniiAniFinalScreen

 

 

 

 

 

Old and New version of Ani.

Dev Diary 5 – Ani

Now that we set up the database (well as far as the “data in a spreadsheet” goes, we needed to add the entries into the actual database in Parse.

So we developed “Ani – Development” development version – or Ani Dev. The Ani Dev allowed up to put the entries into the database fast and to also keep control.

It’s simple really, the Ani Dev version also features a check to make sure that there are no duplicate entries. For instance, I start adding entries in the morning and then have a cup of tea and then forget where I was, I can check (a) how many games have been added and (b) if the game I am about to add already is in the database. Continue reading Dev Diary 5 – Ani